Muine Music Player
1. How do I make Muine show album cover images?
Muine will automatically show album covers based on one or more of the following:
- The presence of a cover image in the same directory as your music file with one of the following filenames: cover.jpg, Cover.jpg cover.jpeg, Cover.jpeg, cover.png, Cover.png, folder.jpg, Folder.jpg, cover.gif, or Cover.gif
- The presence of an embedded cover image in your music file (Using the ID3V2 specification)
- Searching for a matching album on Amazon.com according to the album title, and artist. This is carried out as a background process - new covers should be pulled in every few seconds until Muine has retrieved art for all albums in your library.
2. Muine doesn't fetch any album covers - what's up?
First of all, check that you are using a recent version of Mono (>= 0.30.1). Earlier versions had bugs which prevented the album cover fetching working correctly. Also check that you are using a version of Muine later than 0.4 - the fetching code was vastly improved in that version and above. If you are using recent versions, then check on Amazon.com, it may be that they don't have an image for your album, also check that you're music files are correctly tagged with the correct album, and artist information. If your images still aren't being fetched then please report a bug with as much information as possible.
3. Muine can't find covers for my albums - can I add them?
You can drag n' drop images onto the album cover section of the main window, or if you have a version of Muine later than 0.5.3, you can drag 'n drop straight onto the albums in the "Play Album" window
4. How can I stop folders from being watched, or remove files from my library?
It is not possible to remove files from the library through the interface. You can, however, remove watched folders by editing the /apps/muine/watched_folders GConf string list, and clean out your library by removing ~/.gnome2/muine/songs.db and ~/.gnome2/muine/covers.db.
5. Muine crashes on startup!
Make sure you are using xine-lib >= 1.0.0rc3b.
6. I get warnings about ellipsize properties!
Muine emits these warnings when run under Gtk+ < 2.6. They are harmless.
7. I have faad2-devel installed, but Muine won't build with AAC support!
Many faad2 RPM packages are broken and do not include the right headers. Either get a fixed package, or install faad2 from source.